Friday, March 21, 2014

Family


I posted this as a Throwback Thursday photo on FB this week, and thought I'd add something here.
 
My sister Kathy and I think that this was probably an Easter 1963 photo, which would mean that it was taken a month or two after her parents divorced and her mom and my dad, a widower for two years, got married.  Her mother and two youngest brothers moved to Ohio, leaving her and one other younger brother in Florida with their dad.
 
If we're right, then: across the page we kids are 7, 9, 4, and 9. Plus two turtles and one basset hound.
 
A friend from those days commented on FB: "Fun times!"
 
Really, not so much.
 
We kids did forge a great alliance, eventually.  But I think that that spring we were stunned and reeling in  shock to find our families thus reconfigured.

No comments:

Post a Comment